CPB Contractors - Melbourne, VIC
CPB Contractors, as part of the Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA), has been named as the Victorian Government’s preferred proponent to deliver a $1 billion package of works in support of the $11 billion Metro Tunnel Project.
CPB Contractors and John Holland are equal construction partners in the RIA, with AECOM as the design partner. The RIA also comprises project owner Rail Projects Victoria (formerly the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority) and operational franchisee Metro Trains Melbourne.
About the Project
This is the second package of Metro Tunnel works to be delivered by CPB Contractors, following the award of a $1 billion design and construct contract as part of the Rail Systems Alliance (RSA) in December 2017.
Construction has commenced and will be completed by 2025.
This fourth major works package for the Metro Tunnel Project covers the existing Sunbury rail line between the western tunnel entrance in South Kensington and Tottenham, and the Dandenong rail line between the eastern tunnel entrance in South Yarra and Caulfield Station.
Major works for the Alliance includes the design and construction of entrance structures that will interface with Metro Tunnel works at South Yarra, South Kensington and major Rail Upgrade works in the Western Railway Corridor.
About the role
We are currently seeking applications for a Survey Manager, to join us on the Metro Tunnel Project as part of the Rail Infrastructure Alliance. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a high-profile Rail Infrastructure Project as part of one of Australia’s most highly regarded construction companies. With an enviable range of projects underway and in the pipeline, CPB can offer impressive opportunities for career progression.
As a Survey Manager, you will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Maintaining the project survey control network, and survey control records.
- Providing timely survey set-out, in a manner best-suited to enable construction
- Ensuring that all surveying is set out accurately and unambiguously
- Reviewing design data for project survey requirements, including collaboration with the design team, to produce accurate 3d models for construction using survey software specific to the task.
- Provision of earthwork models for automated machine control (Leica, Trimble and Topcon), along with associated volume quantities calculations
- Providing survey-related technical support to the project delivery team.
- Producing timely and accurate "As-Built" survey reports in accordance with contract requirements
- Effectively manage all survey data and information, using 12d Synergy data management platform.
- Effectively manage underground services data captured, ensuring that it is merged into the Master 3d Utility services file for the project.
- Ensure safety and risk is managed in a proactive manner
- Communicate effectively with the Construction Manager, any issues that are related to the site survey activities
- Identifying, planning and using the best equipment and methods for each survey application
- Ensuring survey equipment is serviced and calibrated according to manufacturer's recommendations
- Manage and ensure that all construction related monitoring activities, are carried out as per the design and project specifications.
Our minimum requirements for the role are:
- Significant Surveying experience, with 5+ years' experience as a Survey Manager on a major civil construction project, and significant experience in Rail Construction
- The ability to lead a large team of 10-15 personnel and allocate survey resources across multiple work fronts for dayshift and nightshift
- Strong attitude and awareness of Safety
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Competency in survey software packages such as 12d Model, Terramodel, Trimble Business Centre
- Competency in CAD/drafting software packages such as AutoCAD and MicroStation
- Experience with current survey equipment and project survey operation requirements including total station, GPS, machine guidance and laser scanning technologies
- Ideally, experience working with subcontracted survey crews on a major construction project
- Knowledge of major project survey processes including survey control networks, detailed design survey, construction set-out, as-built survey, survey data management systems and QA requirements
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note this role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.