- Metro Tunnel Project | Tunnels & Stations Team
- 3 Year Maximum Term | Full-Time Opportunity
- Free Public Transport | Collins Street Location
Are you interested in joining Metro Trains Melbourne’s Rail Projects Victoria Program Team and bringing your wealth of Safety, Risk and Accreditation experience to support the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project – Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?
If the answer is "Yes", keep reading!
Rail Projects Victoria Program Team and the Metro Tunnel Project
Metro Trains is a proud partner in the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project – a game-changer for our city and our passengers. The project will deliver more frequent services for passengers by unlocking the city loop and introducing new technology and infrastructure that will transform our network.
About the role:
The Metro Tunnel Project is delivered in three work packages, with a program level team assisting each package. The three work packages are: the Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance and the Tunnels and Stations Public Private Partnership.
This role is within the: Tunnels and Stations Package
The Safety, Risk and Accreditation Advisor is responsible for ensuring high quality deliverables, engaging with a wide range of multi-discipline stakeholders and providing guidance and support around Metro’s requirements as they relate to risk management, rail safety and accreditation. You will be working collaboratively and building strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and ensuring a focus on proactive risk management and achieving safe outcomes during design and construction.
You will have the desire to cultivate strong risk and safety skills and in a supportive team environment develop the required expertise to:
- Develop and deliver quality documentation quickly to ensure compliance with Metro’s Management of Change Process and Rail Safety Interface Agreements
- Facilitate Risk Assessments in accordance with Metro’s Enterprise Risk Management Procedure and provide systematic risk registers in a timely fashion which demonstrate comprehensive risk identification and assessment and review of mitigation controls
- Support inspection and audits of compliance with Rail Safety Interface Agreements and Metro’s SMS requirements
- Coordinate attendance by required Metro subject matter experts at external workshops including Safety In Design workshops
- Review and provide quality feedback on risk and assurance deliverables submitted as part of design packages including ensuring all risks during the operations and maintenance phase are identified and mitigated SFAIRP
- Provide support and guidance on the risk and assurance deliverables required to support Engineering Deliverables (Standard Waivers, Engineering Change and Type Approval) and Works Readiness
- Support the delivery of package plans regarding system safety and accreditation
- Provide guidance and advice to internal and external stakeholders on compliance with Metro’s SMS during the operations and maintenance phase.
About your experience:
You will possess 3-5 years experience in the area of risk management, accreditation and/or rail safety, with exposure to Risk Management deliverables in a design and construction context. You will be responsible for both internal and external stakeholder and engagement in delivery of workshops including scribing and facilitation. Knowledge and understanding of the rail environment and design and construction delivery is desirable. You will hold tertiary qualification in Engineering, Science or field related to risk management, accreditation or safety.
As an integral member of Metro Trains, you welcome and harness our five strategic objectives:
- Safety: Zero Harm and zero tolerance for injuries to our people, passengers and partners.
- Our People: Making a difference within the business and supporting our people.
- Passengers: Putting passengers at the heart of everything we do
- Transformation: A willingness to embrace change as individuals and collectively
- Sustainable Business: Effective stakeholder management in order to successfully in integrate the network transformation
About the opportunity:
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career youve developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspirations then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application through the Metro Trains Career Portal by 5pm Friday, 23 November 2018.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.