North East Link Project - Melbourne, VIC
The North East Link Project will deliver the missing link in Melbourne’s road network that will finally complete the Metropolitan Ring Road by connecting the M80 to the Eastern Freeway to improve outer north-south links for road freight movement and improve travel time and reliability.
- Work on Victoria's largest infrastructure project & help define the future of Melbourne
- Spearhead the relocation delivery strategy of sporting & recreation facilities associated with North East Link
- Fixed term opportunity (Up to three years) VPS 6 $120,692 - $161,511 plus superannuation
About North East Link
The North East Link Project will connect the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network, while increasing the capacity of the Eastern Freeway. It will slash travel times, get trucks off local roads & link key growth areas in the north & south-east.
About the opportunity
Be part of a transformative infrastructure project for Victoria, with an exciting role in the North East Link Project's Planning team.
As the Sports & Recreation Relocation Manager, you will develop & manage the strategy to relocate sports & recreation facilities affected by the North East Link Project (NELP). You will work collaboratively with the delivery team managing the construction of new facilities & oversee the transition of clubs to new locations.
Negotiating with land owners & user groups to meet their needs, you will ensure that the facilities delivered comply to the relevant sporting standards & are within project timeframes & budget.
In collaboration with the Delivery Team, you will:
- Manage the implementation of the Sports & Recreation Delivery Strategy & lead all associated policy development and procedures
- Develop the Sports & Recreation Communication Plan
- Provide extensive briefings to & establish & maintain strong relationships with a range of stakeholders from within NELP, State and local government, State & national sporting associations, procurement contractors, land owners & user groups
Your strong written communication & interpersonal skills allow you to professionally guide & influence successful collaboration with multidisciplinary project delivery teams & meet project needs & requirements for sports & recreation facilities.
Having previously managed & delivered on multiple projects within scope, budget & schedule expectations & possessing extensive local government experience in sport & recreation planning, your background encompasses:
- Strategy & policy development that supports & provides assistance to sports & recreation facilities
- Establishment of new facilities through direct consultation & negotiation with land owners, government stakeholders & sporting clubs
- Effective conflict resolution when addressing emerging sensitive operational issues & trends
- Championing & maintaining strong working relationships at all organisational levels & with internal and external stakeholders
Our commitment to creating a workplace that inspires you, engages you & grows you is strong – we want you to be a powerful contributor to this wonderfully diverse and dynamic organisation. Our offering continues to grow but here is what we already have in store for you:
- Wellbeing program
- 17.5% leave loading
- Flexible work arrangements available (including ability to purchase additional leave)
- Team benefits discount card at a variety of restaurants & cafes
- Melbourne CBD location
- Access to discounted public transport
How to apply
To apply please submit a cover letter and CV via https://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au/jobs/VG-026811.
For a confidential discussion contact Charisma Haney, Talent Acquisition Partner on 03 9655 6693.
Applications close at 11:59pm on Thursday, 14 November 2019.
Our advertisement is only intended for individuals interested in employment with NELP. Recruitment agencies need not contact.
We believe in inclusiveness, diversity & equality & are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that a diverse & inclusive culture brings for our employees & in turn, encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities & identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability & others from under-represented backgrounds to apply.