CPB Contractors - Melbourne, VIC
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group’s construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
CPB Contractors has been selected by the Victorian Government to deliver the $195 million Early Works package for Melbourne’s North East Link.
The Early Works package will involve CPB Contractors performing services in two phases of planning and delivery, the majority of which comprise utility services under a Managing Contractor arrangement.
Works include the design, development and removal, relocation and/or protection of utility services including 220 KV transmission towers, other electrical assets, telecommunication assets, water and sewerage assets, and drainage and gas pipelines.
Construction on the Early Works package is scheduled to start in 2020.
As a Contracts Administrator you will support the procurement and construction process through the effective administration of contracts and commercial terms established for the project.
You will ensure vendors, suppliers, sub-contractors provide their services in a timely and cost effective manner, and to the quality expectations of the project.
We can offer great career prospects with a Tier 1 Contractor.
As Contracts Administrator, you will be accountable for:
- Liaising with the delivery team in support of the preparation of tender documents - ensuring that they are commercially-sound and match the expectations of the project
- Supporting the tender evaluation process for project packages
- Providing ongoing commercial support - ensuring that suppliers, vendors and sub-contractors engaged in support of the project are adhering to the terms under which they were engaged
- Directly administering contracts in support of project deliverables - ensuring that budgets are met
- Ensuring all commercial activity follows the guidelines specified by the Project Management Plan
- Ensuring tender documentation adheres to the Quality Management Plan
- Preparing monthly financial reports
- Ensuring robust and transparent management of Cost Management Systems
- Assisting Engineers with the preparation and accurate forecasting of costs
- Generating and paying site orders in the CPB Contracting financial system
Our minimum requirements for these roles are:
- Ideally, Bachelor's Degree in Quantity Surveying, Commerce, Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally, you'll have experience gained as a Contracts Administrator with a Tier 1 Contractor
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to negotiate, influence and develop relationships at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate to Advanced competency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please apply below. We support diversity in the workplace.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.