Technical Delivery Lead
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Delivery Lead to join our specialist MTM Digital team. The teams focus is to deliver, support and improve the technology used by the broader staff base across the organisation in their day-to-day roles. The team is responsible for the enhancement, maintenance and support of key Business and Control Systems, and digital engagement software.
The Technical Delivery Lead will guide the team to successful delivery of initiatives through the phases of planning, requirements, design, deploy, operate, evolve and retire. The role will also be tasked with identifying and addressing best practice gaps in relation to technical approach, delivery quality and governance.
This is a critical role in our team as you’ll be leading the software development, delivery and support function associated with the core suite of custom digital and, Business and Control systems. This opportunity allows you to manage a team consisting of various software roles, primarily focused on software development, implementation and support.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the Business Systems and Controls Systems, and digital software function to achieve their required deliverables.
- Identify and address team gaps in relation to technology, development, quality and governance and implement and uplift as required.
- Build and develop technical scalable capability within the team and create an environment of higher performance with success measurement
- Ensure all system and software maintenance and support processes are defined, developed, implemented, measured, managed and maintained.
- Coach and mentor the team to uplift individual and team performance
- Proactively manage the team to ensure all KPIs are achieved with risks and issues promptly identified, articulated and resolution plan developed and achieved.
- Manage the Software Support Leads in both teams to ensure reactive and routine maintenance activities are effectively completed and the uptime of systems is as per SLAs.
- Tertiary studies in a Software Engineering / Computer Science discipline
- Minimum of fifteen years of experience in an IT profession, preferably with strong base of technical experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing high performance teams in a project delivery and/or system support capacity
- Successful track record managing software implementation projects within the rail or transport sectors
- Excellent people and team management skills
- Demonstrated successful budget management
- Strong stakeholder management with proven capability to align senior decision makers
- Quality focused with attention to detail and initiative as the situation demands
- Persistent and Enthusiastic
- Team player who cares about people and is dependable
- Love opportunities to make a difference.
- Love a challenge
- Love to work within and uplift teams and enjoy all aspects of the journey to achievement
- All Metro Employees receive a free Myki pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria
- Metro supports work/life balance with opportunities to work from home on occasion
- Have a great impact on programs that will directly improve Melbourne’s suburban rail network whilst ensuring these developments do not come as a cost to our safe and cost-effective delivery of services
This is an initial 12 month fixed term role.
How to apply
Please submit your application by clicking ‘Apply Now’ before 5th May 2021
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: