Ndt Officer - Night Shift
Metro Trains Melbourne are currently recruiting an NDT Officer for our E Gate depot, Docklands, Melbourne.
Tb be successful in this role it is essential you have NDT rail experience and have the desire to relocate to Melbourne.
Fundamentally, you will be responsible for the inspection and reporting of all allocated sections of track and Welds.
Ultrasonic Testing will be the main form of NDT carried out.
- Carry out NDT testing of track Defects (mainline/sidings/un-testable dark territories) P&C and welds to ensure effective rail management in line with the MTM processes and standards
- Complete all necessary reports, Timesheets etc.
- Ensure that all work is inspected in accordance with the appropriate occupational Health & Safety Standards and regulations
- Calibrate Ultrasonic testing equipment
- Have a high regards to attendance and timekeeping
- Advise the Engineer, Track Maintenance, Road Master or Road master Foreman of any defective welds and/or rail
- Must be physically fit and able to pass a CAT 1 Rail medical
- Must be prepared to work Day or Night shift as required
Education, skills and experience:
- AINDT qualification & certification ISO 9712 Ultrasonic Testing Level 2 (UT2W) - Mandatory
- 3 years relevant NDT testing - Mandatory
- Experience working with track maintenance machines and sound supervisory skills
- Ability to effectively plan and program inspection regimes
- Cert 2 or 3 in Rail Infrastructure – desirable
30% loading for night shift, Infrastructure allowance paid on top of your hourly rate, free public transport Victoria wide, 5 weeks annual leave, 5 Bonus leave days after one year of service and all overtime paid at double time.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you.
Applications close 11.59pm, Friday 14th of May 2021.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: