Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
We are currently seeking a Supervisor OCS for work on our Level Crossing Removal Project based in Mentone, Melbourne. This large-scale project will benefit train users pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services.
In this role, you will assist in monitoring and organising assigned work on site to secure their completion within the requirements of OH&S, time, budget and effect on train operations whilst ensuring that construction standards are maintained and conform to safety, reliability and quality.About the Role
- Working in with Civil site engineers constructing the new Skyrail stations
- Liaising/coordinating between the OCS contractors and Electrical Contractors
- Supervising the OCS and MyKi contractors across multiple sites including the issuing of Contract Instructions
- Assist the Project team in monitoring and updating project schedules
- Witnessing and recording hold points throughout the OCS construction delivery up to and including commissioning
- Preparing site documentation as required in the delivery of projects and ensuring that adequate project records are maintained, including, but not limited to, site diaries, contract instructions, incident reports
- Undertake daily inspections of the site and identify, and action with the Contractor, any improvements to the site safety, tidiness and performance required
- Work with the Contractor(s) on site to maintain a safe working environment, capturing, reporting and recording of ALL incidents
- Security Installer license and ACMA Cabling licence are essential
- You will have extensive experience in a similar role, or be able to demonstrate your transferable skills. Rail experience will be highly regarded
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please submit your application by COB 7 May 2021
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: