Procurement Systems Business Analyst
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
An opportunity exists for a Procurement Systems Business Analyst to join our expanding team. As a Procurement Systems Business Analyst you will be responsible for supporting the procurement team in utilising the procurement systems, primarily SAP Ariba over the Source to to Pay procurement process. This includes Supplier On boarding, Sourcing, Contract Management and Procure to Pay.
You will be accountable for but not limited to;
- Taking ownership of delivering fit for purpose options and outcomes to resolve any business related enquiries,
- Using a structured, data driven problem solving approach to resolving issues or prioritising improvements.
- Liaising with the OCMS Functional and Technical resources to prepare process and/or requirement documentation to resolve any technical issues inline with CAB processes.
- Making continuous improvements to the Procurement systems, processes, policies, procedures
- Provide training and change management to end users, super users, Suppliers and Procurement Team to best utilise the SAP Ariba cloud based system
To be successful in this role you will require the following;
- A positive, outcomes focused problem solving attitude.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Procurement& Supply Chain, Business Management, Information Systems, or equivalent discipline required.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting stragetic sourcing, contract management and purchasing functions
- Experience of developing and rolling out procurement frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in using Ariba and related S2P systems
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Procurement & Supply chain, Management Consulting, Ariba Functional Consulting or supporting SAP Ariba – essential
- Purchasing, Sourcing or Contracts Management Experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience in the rail industry is preferred but not essential
- Effective communication, listening, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- All Metro Employees receive a free Myki pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria
- Metro supports work/life balance with opportunities to work from home on occasion
- Melbourne is currently home to the largest rail infrastructure projects in Australia that will boast long term employment and future career opportunities.
Please submit your application by clicking ‘Apply Now’ before 30 April 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: