Project Development Officer
Major Road Projects Victoria
Reporting to the Project Development Manager, this role supports the development of major road infrastructure planning studies and business cases. The role undertakes assessments of project needs, benefits, feasibility, options, impacts, scope and cost. The role also provides support across many project elements including Design, Traffic Modelling, Cost Estimating and Land, Planning and Environmental Approvals.
Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) was established to deliver a multi-billion-dollar pipeline of key road projects across Victoria, including new roads, road widenings, new bridges and major freeway upgrades. MRPV manages complex and strategically important road projects from business case development through to completion connecting local communities and supporting Victoria's growing economy.
We now have a vacancy for a Project Development Officer to join our team on a three-year fixed term basis. Reporting to the Project Development Manager, this role supports the development of major road infrastructure planning studies and business cases. The role undertakes assessments of project needs, benefits, feasibility, options, impacts, scope and cost. The role also provides support across many project elements including Design, Traffic Modelling, Cost Estimating and Land, Planning and Environmental Approvals.
- Assisting in the design and development of business cases for road projects around Victoria
- Engaging and collaborating with key stakeholders on matters such as reviewing designs, cost estimating and business case writing
- Collection and distribution of data, report writing and preparing presentations to assist in the development of business cases
- Proactively identify and promptly respond to issues and project risks, through exercising analytical and problem-solving skills to mitigate project risks
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, including project team members and consultants, to ensure work is delivered on time to appropriate cost, quality and investment standards which meet government requirements
- Previous experience in business case development for engineering projects
- Transport experience (Road and/or Rail preferred)
- The ability to interpret engineering designs and drawings
- Able to critically analyse data and make recommendations
A degree in Civil Engineering would be highly regarded as would prior experience in either Design and/or Traffic Modelling for large infrastructure projects.
We're an organisation committed to providing a fulfilling, diverse and safe environment for all our people. You will be provided with:
- Opportunity to work on exciting, landmark projects
- Genuine work-life balance and flexible work arrangements
- Competitive salary
- Paid leave benefits to allow for various personal and life needs
- Structured progression and professional development opportunities
MRPV believes in promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies.
To find out more about MRPV please visit https://roadprojects.vic.gov.au/.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 20 April, 2021
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: