Senior Quality Engineer - M&m
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry.
About The Role
We are currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our South Eastern Program Alliance (SEPA), based in Lilydale.
This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately owned tier 1 constructor, and an international engineering enterprise.
Laing O’Rourke, as part of the South East Program Alliance (SEPA) are working with LXRP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and Jacobs to develop and deliver value-for-money engineering solutions for multiple level crossing removals.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is a delivery entity created by the Victorian Government to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Victoria by 2025. It is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Victoria’s history.
Our current pipeline of works includes major station upgrades, track duplications and a range of other critical rail infrastructure works.
- Promote a positive quality culture and provide or source training where necessary to ensure specified requirements are being met.
- Fully understand and interpret the quality requirements and deliverables for the project.
- Assist the Project Quality Manager with the implementation of the Project Quality Plan and the development of quality related deliverables.
- Provide technical advice/support to the Project Quality Manager on quality related matters.
- Assist engineering team with preparing Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs), inspection checklists and work packs to ensure quality requirements are captured.
- Participate at regular construction / quality team meetings.
- Coordinate closure and ensure completeness of all construction work packages.
- Assist the Project Quality Manager in preparing and carrying out of surveillance audits on suppliers, subcontractors and production to ensure satisfactory implementation of applicable management systems and compliance to specified contract deliverables.
- Investigate all non-conformances with efficiency and ensure debriefs are conducted and corrective actions are closed out.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Discipline (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical) or Construction Management with Chartered Professional Engineer status or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of related technical experience within a infrastructure project delivery environment.
- Technical knowledge to interpret drawings, specifications and quality records
- Previous experience with Project Document Management Systems
- Internal Auditor Qualification
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: