Community Relations Advisor
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Community Relations Advisors to join us. As a Community Relations Advisor on this high-profile infrastructure project you will be accountable for:
- Responding to community complaints or queries in relation to the project
- Identifying and advising on external issues which may have an impact on the community
- Developing stakeholder engagement plans and programs
- Compiling monthly reports in relation to community interaction
- Facilitating communication, feedback and interaction between the project and the community
- Anticipating and clarifying community concerns to ensure issues can be handled proactively and project impediments minimised or removed
- Maintaining effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Developing high-quality written and verbal communications
Our minimum requirements for these roles are:
- Ideally, a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing
- Experience in performing a similar role in a construction environment, preferably with experience on major projects
- Experience in front-line community relations
- Experience managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience resolving enquiries and complaints to a satisfactory outcome
- Experience in managing complex issues to a successful outcome
- An understanding of your role in construction, and knowledge of how to support the team to deliver results
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
- Ability to develop and adhere to processes
- An understanding of construction processes and excellent writing skills
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into plain English
To support our Mission and Principles, we need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: