CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
We have been engaged by Rail Projects Victoria to deliver design and construction of the Avon River Bridge. The project is located in Stratford approximately 3 hours from Melbourne.
We are currently seeking applications from Environmental Advisors to coordinate the implementation of project environment programs to ensure adherence with relevant environmental legislation, regulations, contractual obligations and CPB Health, Safety and Environmental procedures as part of our team in Stratford.
As Environmental Advisor, you will be accountable for:
- Providing advice to our design, construction and subcontractor teams in the areas of environmental management and sustainability to deliver outstanding environmental outcomes
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Environmental Management Plans and associated documents
- Obtaining approvals, setting up of environmental governance activities such as identification of environmental risks, implementation of environmental controls, weekly toolbox and other communication activities, and implementation of compliance activities such as inspections
- Identifying key environmental risks, and developing appropriate controls and communication for inclusion in work planning activities
- Assisting with the development and implementation of environmental programs, initiatives and innovations
- Conducting environmental monitoring, inspection and auditing programs on the project as required, and maintaining associated documentation and record
- Influencing and fostering a strong HSE Culture through strong leadership and communication skill
- Leading internal auditing of the project Environmental Management system
- Tracking and reporting on Sustainability targets including ISCA measures.
Requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor Degrees in Environmental Engineering, Science, Sustainability or other associated disciplines
- Certificate IV in Environment
- Construction environment management (3+ years)
- Knowledge of compliance and reporting procedures and processes
- Knowledge of environmental management techniques and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of low level incident investigations
- Reporting, auditing and risk management procedures and processes
- Reporting environmental performance, compliance, defects and non-compliance
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: