Engineer, Project (Traffic Planner)
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The M80 Ring Road Upgrade is a $331 million investment to upgrade the 4 kilometre section between Sydney Road and Edgars Road.
The upgrade will include the widening and realignment of ramps, the construction of additional lanes, structural works, installation of a smart freeway management system, street lighting, traffic barriers, noise walls and landscaping.
When complete, the M80 Ring Road upgrade will provide more reliable connections to major freeways and interstate links including the Hume Highway, future North East Link, Princes and West Gate Freeways and the future West Gate Tunnel.
Construction is expected to begin in early 2020 and the project is due for completion by early 2023.
As Traffic Planner, you will be accountable for:
- Developing and obtaining approval for traffic staging strategies and plans
- Ensuring traffic management measures are planned, implemented and maintained in accordance with best practice and achieve a high level of safety
- Coordinating all aspects of the project's traffic management activities to ensure the traffic management KRA objectives are achieved and maintained
- Mid and short term planning and productivity monitoring of works and scheduling of resources
- Supporting and fulfilling all required Safety, Environmental and other Regulatory obligations
- Effectively communicating with both internal and external stakeholders including design and construction teams, road agencies, local councils, emergency service agencies, and other stakeholders
- Supporting the design and construction teams by providing advice on all traffic and road safety related issues
- Representing the project for all traffic and road safety related issues
Requirements for this role are:
- Previous experience in planning and the implementation of traffic management
- Experience in traffic management roles from a council or contracting background
- Familiarity with the road safety audit process, and the benefits of auditing
- Demonstrated experience in traffic management roles with councils or a construction company
- Ideally, 5+ years' experience in a similar type of role on a road construction project
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: