Health And Safety Administrator
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are currently seeking a driven and experienced Health and Safety Administrator to provide support to our Health and Safety team.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a major infrastructure project supporting an essential division of the West Gate Tunnel Project, located at our East Zone in West Melbourne.
As a Health and Safety Administrator you will be accountable for:
- Managing and maintaining project Health and Safety records, ensuring that information is accurate, up-to-date and stored accordingly.
- Assisting with the creation, preparation and control of all Health and Safety related correspondence, documentation and reports.
- Managing incident data and assisting with the preparation of monthly reports.
- Updating project safety registers as required.
- Data entry and record management of purchasing, procurement, communications and meeting logistics.
- Coordinating meetings or events which may include preparing agendas, invitations, catering, note/minute taking, distributing actions and general organisational support.
- Communicating written and verbal messages relating to project health and safety matters, promotions, notices and newsletters.
- Supporting and where required leading activities within the project health and wellbeing program.
- Acting as a point of contact for onboarding and HSE related enquiries from all staff, workers and subcontractors.
To be considered you will have:
- Strong administration experience, ideally with a focus on compliance or safety.
- Excellent computer skills, with previous experience using a safety management system.
- Strong personal organisation skills with a high attention to detail.
- Flexible demeanour and able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Strong team focus.
- Qualifications in Safety will be highly regarded.
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: