Human Resources- Project
About the Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA)
CPB Contractors, as part of the Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA), has been named as the Victorian Government’s preferred proponent to deliver a $1 billion package of works in support of the $11 billion Metro Tunnel Project.
CPB Contractors and John Holland are equal construction partners in the RIA, with AECOM as the design partner. The RIA also comprises project owner Rail Projects Victoria (formerly the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority) and operational franchisee Metro Trains Melbourne.
About the Project
This is the second package of Metro Tunnel works to be delivered by CPB Contractors, following the award of a $1 billion design and construct contract as part of the Rail Systems Alliance (RSA) in December 2017.
Construction commenced in late 2018 and be completed by 2025.
This fourth major works package for the Metro Tunnel Project covers the existing Sunbury rail line between the western tunnel entrance in Kensington and Tottenham, and the Dandenong rail line between the eastern tunnel entrance in South Yarra and Caulfield Station.
Major works for the Alliance include the design and construction of entrance structures that will interface with Metro Tunnel works at South Yarra and Kensington.
Reporting to the Project HR Manager, you will support all aspects of the generalist remit. You will play a pivotal role in creating and implement exciting HR initiatives for the business unit and work across a broad spectrum of HR including retention, culture and engagement, employee relations and learning and development.
As Human Resources- Project, you will be accountable for:
- Support project leaders in improving business performance through people
- Help support innovation and organisational change
- Assist the Senior HR Manager to implement HR initiatives to support the delivery of the Strategic and Annual project plans
- People Management training and coaching for managers
- Providing HR advice and coaching to project-based line-managers
- Assisting with recruitment activities as required
- Ensuring business compliance with relevant employment and OHS legislation
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- 5 years+ experience in generalist Human resources work, construction experience would be beneficial
- Tertiary qualifications in HR
- Demonstrated experience initiating and driving leading edge HR initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders at all levels
- High-level communication, interpersonal and coaching skills
- Strong service orientation and attention to detail
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in managing employee grievances and workplace investigations
- Ability to work autonomously, self-manage, manage deadlines and work in fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Ideally, experience in using Oracle or a similar HRIS
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: