Project Engineer - Monash Freeway Upgrade
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The Monash Freeway is in Melbourne’s fast growing south east and outer south-east region and the $761M design and construct project will expand the Monash from eight to 10 lanes slashing nearly ten minutes off the morning peak hour commute and better connect the Monash to Eastlink.
Works include the addition of 36 kilometres of new lanes to the Monash Freeway, upgrading the Beaconsfield interchange with new freeway ramps, the extension and widening of O’Shea Road and the roll out of the Freeway Lane Management System to better manage traffic flows.
Construction is scheduled to start in early 2020 and be completed in 2022.
We are currently seeking applications from energetic Project Engineers to join teams across the project. We are interested in hearing from highly skilled and qualified civil and structural construction engineers with experience working in teams to deliver challenging road projects.
As Project Engineer, you will be accountable for:
- Administer construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications
- Development and implementation of work plans to meet project requirements
- Assist with the preparation of site construction budgets and reports
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme and report to the Senior Project Engineer
- Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects
- Contribute to improvements to existing designs
- Participate in the letting of tenders
- Demonstrate financial management skills and commercial acumen.
- Assist with reviews for accuracy and adherence to required standards
- Execute working knowledge of contractual and legislation relevant to the project
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk assessment to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes
- Use document and record management, progress and project performance reporting compliance reporting
- Demonstrate sound people management skills by engaging with subcontractors to achieve outcomes.
Requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (Post Graduate qualifications are an advantage)
- Proven forecasting and budget management, EOM Process, Cost Tracking skills
- Proven commercial experience particularly in the development of procurement packages
- Demonstrated programming skills with experience in multi-discipline interfaces
- Proven Temporary Works experience
- Design development experience
- Proven leadership skills and experience in the management of engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of civil road projects
- Demonstrated experience in management of Tier 3 Contractors in delivery of structures work scope
- Safety, environmental and quality focus in project delivery
- AutoCAD skills are a desirable
The Monash Freeway Upgrade is committed to maximising the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our people
- Leaders championing and supporting our people to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote from within and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: