Sustainability Lead | Monash Freeway Upgrade Project
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusiveness across CPB Contractors. We are committed to invest in our people to achieve long-term career within an equal opportunity workplace where we recognise the importance of flexibility and family-friendly approach to work-life balance.
About the Project
The Monash Freeway is in Melbourne’s fast growing south east and outer south-east region and the $761M design and construct project will expand the Monash from eight to 10 lanes slashing nearly ten minutes off the morning peak hour commute and better connect the Monash to Eastlink.
Works include the addition of 36 kilometres of new lanes to the Monash Freeway, upgrading the Beaconsfield interchange with new freeway ramps, the extension and widening of O’Shea Road and the roll out of the Freeway Lane Management System to better manage traffic flows.
Construction is scheduled to start in early 2020 and be completed in 2022.
We are currently seeking an experienced sustainability professional to join us in the position of Sustainability Lead. The individual will proactively manage governance and continual improvement to achieve our Sustainability objectives. As Sustainability Lead, you will provide leadership, guidance and project delivery assistance to achieve best practice sustainability outcomes in alignment with project strategic direction, client requirements and industry trends.
As Sustainability Lead, you will be accountable for:
- Lead in the development and implementation of our sustainability requirements including strategic direction to achieve our ISCA targets;
- Proactively manage internal and external stakeholders that are key to achieving our sustainability objectives;
- Increasing knowledge and capability of sustainability requirements and industry trends across the project
- Reducing project costs by providing in house support (auditing, and specific credit assistance)
- Providing guidance to identify, manage or mitigate against climate change impacts
- Streamlining delivery of sustainable outcomes and provide training to increase capability
- Delivering and facilitating project training and sustainability forums
- Developing specific collateral and templates to assist project delivery
- Undertaking targeted project sustainability audits
- Identifying emerging trends in client and government expectations
- Providing awareness and understanding of sustainability across the project
Requirements for this role are:
- Recognised Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sustainable Development, Engineering, Architecture or Environmental Science
- Post Graduate qualifications in Sustainability (highly desirable)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sustainability role within a construction industry on large civil projects
- Knowledge of energy and sustainability legislation
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-disciplinary project environment
- Ability to educate, empower and influence key internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
The Monash Freeway Upgrade is committed to maximising the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our people
- Leaders championing and supporting our people to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote from within and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: