About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Mechanical Supervisor with experience in large scale precast or manufacturing projects to join our Precast Manufacturing team in Benalla. The Mechanical Supervisor will be accountable for ensuring the best outcome is achieved in areas such as productivity, health and safety, quality, and all technical aspects.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate subcontract labour as required
- Ensure Fuel is managed in line with project plant requirements
- Ensure project Plant availability is maximised through resource planning
- Asset inspections are planned and coordinated in an acceptable time frame
- Control the quality of maintenance performed within the boundaries of time and costs
- Ensure project asset maintenance is carried out in a planned fashion with limited disruption to the production teams
- Maintain and record all service history in appropriate history folders
- All project asset defects and preventative maintenance to be captured within the CMMS JDE
- Asset registers to be in place for area of responsibility
- Establish priorities for the repair of equipment to optimise maximum utilisation of assets to achieve production targets
- Identify and action safety issues
- Ensure site inductions are carried out for all plant contractors
- Ensure that hazardous substances are stores in accordance with MSDS and/ or methods defined by relevant authorities
- Ensure all contractors comply with relevant project safety standards. Provide frontline supervision
- Encourage and oversee development of JSEA’s and review regularly
- Support project goals in ensuring harassment and discrimination free workplace
- Monitor through auditing the compliance to the project environmental policy and procedures
- Ensure that any environmental issues/ hazards are reported to project Environmental Team
What you'll need to succeed
- Certificate III in Engineering or Diesel Fitting Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years in similar role
- Working knowledge of a CMMS – Particularly JD Edwards
- Knowledge of relevant Victorian plant and asset legislation
- Previous experience in managing fixed & mobile plant within a construction or factory environment
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: