About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Prestress Supervisor with experience in large scale precast or manufacturing projects to join our Precast Manufacturing team in Benalla. The Prestress Supervisor will be accountable for ensuring the best outcome is achieved in areas such as productivity, health and safety, quality, and all technical aspects.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe system of work in the workplace
- Ensure production employees follow safe working practices as per job safety assessments (JSA’s) and other safety procedures
- Alert employees to specific hazards of their individual areas, giving particular attention to new employees
- Ensure employees wear all necessary PPE
- Ensure completion & communication of near miss and hazard reports
- Promote and develop a safe work culture through management and leadership of safety systems and plans
- Ensure stacking, handling, loading and load restraint is in accordance with specifications and safe work procedures
- Actively promote and abide by the Critical Quality Rules
- Lead ownership of all factory Quality Control procedures
- Promote compliance with quality procedures to ensure defect free, compliant products
- Liaise with Production Manager & site QA to ensure procedures and relevant Quality Plans are met
- Active participation in the NCR process
- Guide and support QC staff where appropriate
- Minimise rejects and waste
- Engage & consult effectively to facilitate willing and productive work
- Determine and allocate resources appropriately
- Plan and manage crews to achieve workloads
- Provide mentorship and training to subordinates
- Leading role in communication process (e.g. Tool Box Meetings)
- Ensure Leading Hands & Team Leaders are recording production output, downtime, reject, rework on sheets provided and communicating appropriately with their teams
- Apply effective strategies as an initial point on Employee relations and Grievance & Disciplinary matters.
- Liaise with Production Manager and/or maintenance personnel to report maintenance requirements for plant, equipment and moulds
- Develop Leading Hands to ensure solid knowledge of products and services
- Shore up strong technical skills
- Ensure budgets and forecasts are met and performance reviews show progress against targets
- Ensure KPI’s for Factory performance are met and effective monitoring systems are in place
- OIP projects are identified and actions implemented
- Stock levels are managed in accordance with company standards
- Regular accurate feedback and reporting from production information systems is possible because accurate and timely entry of data is achieved
- Resource planning to ensure production plan and manufacturing flexibility is achieved - Plan over multiple stressing beds/boxes
- Effectively plan workflow (eg. Reinforcement, product laydown, minimisation of double handling)
- Supervise appropriate use and maintenance of assets in area – moulds, cranes, materials
- Planning specific resource requirements and replacement needs
- To hand knowledge of works in progress, production output, downtime, reject & rework status, maintenance plans
- Ensure competent performance in area and address deficiencies, as far as possible, by providing appropriate tools, training & coaching support
- Understand the preventative maintenance program to ensure minimum downtime, disruption to production and maximum plant flexibility
What you'll need to succeed
- 10 years practical experience in a prestress manufacturing facility
- Capable in all aspects of stressing/destressing, including barrel and wedge function and maintenance
- A thorough understanding of Prestress Operations, including maintenance requirements of prestress beds/boxes
- A thorough understanding of, and experience in, all relevant specifications, including how they influence manufacture and early detection of potential non-conformances
- Good knowledge of stressing bed/box setups and capabilities
- Ability to apply effective problem solving and decision making in production
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Multiple machinery operation tickets
- Overhead crane
- Trade qualifications (may apply)
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: