About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Quality Advisor with previous experience in working with precast concrete products. This position will be located on site at the Precast Facility in Benalla.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement systems and practices for the factory that support the achievement of the objectives outlined in the Quality Plan and the requirements of the management system procedures.
- Assess and perform audit activities for consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors to verify compliance with factory contract requirements.
- Monitor the integrity of quality related data recorded by site personnel in the Quality management system.
- Provide support to Senior Quality Manager in the implementation of Project Quality Management Plan alongside development & implementation of quality checklists.
- Review work practices and assist in development of the techniques to deliver improvements and efficient to the management of work processes.
- Ensure site staff and key workforce members understand the Project’s quality objectives and detect response requirements as set down with the contract.
- Review quality reports and performance, and provide input to the project management monthly reports.
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an identical role within a Precast manufacturing site or similar.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems to AS/NZS ISO 9001 in conjunction with processes in a construction or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge & interpretation abilities for all Australian Standards and Vic Roads specifications / sections applicable to the scope of works.
- Skills in monitoring, reviewing, reporting and continuous improvement on performance and compliance.
- Reporting, auditing and risk management procedures and processes.
- Strong communication, negotiation, persuasive & organisation skills.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: