Systems Assurance Advisor
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Rail Systems Alliance | Metro Tunnel Project
- Bourke Street Location | Free Public Transport
Are you interested in joining Metro Trains’ Metro Tunnel Team and bringing your wealth of communications experience to support the delivery of Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project? Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM), is a proud partner in the delivery of major rail infrastructure projects across Melbourne, including the Metro Tunnel Project. The Metro Tunnel Project will deliver more frequent services for passengers by unlocking the City Loop and introducing new technology and infrastructure that will transform our network. If the answer is "yes", keep reading! The Metro Tunnel Project is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team assisting each package. The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance and the Tunnels and Stations Public Private Partnership.
This role is within the: Rail Systems Alliance (RSA). About the project: About the role: You will assist RSA in effectively ensuring system safety assurance requirements on the Metro Tunnel Project. This role will include facilitating a relationship between the Alliance and Metro Trains Melbourne to minimise risk exposure, and achieve management of MTM’s safety assurance requirements. The primary objective is providing a safe outcome to the project where accreditation requirements are also achieved effectively and as per expected project schedules. About your experience:
- Demonstrated experience on rail based projects including management and/or maintenance, and experience in engineering principles of planning and scheduling, and engineering report preparation techniques.
- An ability to implement MTM’s risk management process at a system level as well as a good understanding of the National Rail Safety Act and other relevant legislation (desirable)
- Proven track record of providing System Safety Assurance related services and facilitating hazard / risk workshops and a good working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative hazard identification techniques
- Understanding of safety-related standards would be desirable, including ISO 31000, ISO 31010, EN 50126-1, EN 50128, EN50129 and other appropriate Systems Safety Assurance standards, handbooks and specifications.
- An innate ability to communicate effectively and assurance projects, whilst fostering quality relationships from the on-set.
- You will hold relevant Engineering Qualifications in a relevant discipline
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: