Human Factors Advisor
- Metro Tunnel Project | Rail Systems Alliance
- Permanent Position | Full-Time Opportunity
- Free Public Transport | Bourke Street Location
experience to support the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project – Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?Human Factors and bringing your wealth of Metro Trains Melbourne’s Rail Projects Victoria Program Team Are you interested in joining Metro Trains is a proud partner in the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project – a game-changer for our city and our passengers. The project will deliver more frequent services for passengers by unlocking the city loop and introducing new technology and infrastructure that will transform our network.If the answer is "Yes", keep reading!
Rail Projects Victoria Program Team and the Metro Tunnel Project
Rail Systems AllianceThis role is within the:
The Metro Tunnel Project is delivered in three work packages, with a program level team assisting each package. The three work packages are: the Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance and the Tunnels and Stations Public Private Partnership.About the role:
As a Human Factors Advisor, you will be responsible for assisting the MTM SERQ and Assurance Interface Manager in effectively coordinating/managing/advising on and integrating Human Factors (HF) requirements in the Metro Tunnel Project, Rail Systems Alliance (RSA) on behalf of Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM). This will include facilitating a seamless relationship with the Alliance to achieve continuous reduction of MTMs risk exposure and management of MTM’s HF requirements. You will be working alongside and mentored by other HF Alliance members to achieve the primary objective of providing a safe outcome to the project where accreditation requirements are also achieved effectively and as per expected project schedules. Duties will include but are not limited to: Analysis and Design
- Undertake, assist or supervise Early HF Analysis and develop and maintain RSA HF requirements and HF integration management plans
- Direct or assist with the ongoing HF analysis within the RSA, including system/user interface design, system integration, task error analysis, risk based training needs analysis and evaluating the impact of proposed changes on end users.
- Review and verify human factors reports / assessments, including those that identify safety concerns.
- Link HF outputs in a timely way to the Verification and Validation Systems Engineering approach stage gates and Goal Structuring Notation Map
- Support the effective management of the RSA Safety Hazard Log/ Risk Register, demonstrating that Human Factors risks are being managed according to a mature and defensible SFAIRP methodology.
- Provide input to RSA risk assessments to identify HF issues and assess them against the Enterprise Risk Management Procedure including workshops facilitating Preliminary Hazard Analyses (PHA) and Safety in Design (SiD) reviews.
- Provide evidence-based advice, options and recommendations to assist with regulatory decision making processes and compliance with the Rail Safety National Law and to facilitate successful approval of applications to the Office of National Rail Safety Regulator
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a coordinated and effective approach to the Management of Change process; This includes working with various the end user (MTM) and undertake significant task analysis from identification to successful objective evidence based conclusion
- ISO 9241 suite (Ergonomics of human-system interaction)
- ISO 6385 (Ergonomics principles in the design of work systems)
- ISO 18529 (Ergonomics of human-system interaction – Human centred lifecycle process descriptions)
- EN 50126 (desired EN50129)
- AS7470 Human Factors Engineering Integration
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspirations then we want to hear from you!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: