Fire Safety Engineer
- Rail Projects Victoria Program | Metro Tunnel Project | Engineering Team
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Exhibition Street Location | Free Public Transport
Are you interested in joining Metro Trains’ Metro Tunnel Team and bringing your wealth of Fire Safety experience to support the delivery of Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project? Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM), is a proud partner in the delivery of major rail infrastructure projects across Melbourne, including the Metro Tunnel Project. The Metro Tunnel Project will deliver more frequent services for passengers by unlocking the City Loop and introducing new technology and infrastructure that will transform our network.If the answer is "yes", keep reading! The Metro Tunnel Project is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team assisting each package. The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance and the Tunnels and Stations Public Private Partnership. This role will be working as part of the Engineering Team on a Program Level.About the project: About the role: Reporting to the Fire and Life Safety (FLS) Advisor, you will assist with the following:
- Fire and Life Safety technical design reviews
- Work closely with key stakeholders during the design development and implementation phases
- Integration of FLS requirements in to various disciplines and work packages
- Development of Metro Fire and Life Safety Standards
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholder groups, operations, maintenance, infrastructure and other associated parties to ensure functional requirements are met
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering and formal qualification in Fire Safety Engineering is essential
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in performance based fire engineering design. Transport Infrastructure experience preferable but not essential.
- Understanding of Fire Protection system is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: