Design Coordinator (Vpsg5)
Rail Projects Victoria
About Rail Projects Victoria, Major Transport Infrastructure Authority Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA) comprises of Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP), Rail Projects Victoria (RPV), North East Link Project (NELP), West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP) and Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV). Rail Projects Victoria, Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (RPV) is the Victorian Government body responsible for the development and delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project, Regional Rail Revival, future Melbourne Airport Rail Link and a portfolio of other rail projects. RPV is responsible for all aspects of the projects including planning and development of the project reference design, site investigations, stakeholder engagement, planning approvals and procurement, through to construction delivery and project commissioning.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Design Interface Manager, this role is responsible for client-side coordination of the design, development and engineering associated with the Regional Rail Revival program. The Senior Design Coordinator will provide expert advice and guidance across a range of engineering and design issues during project development and delivery of multiple projects. This role will also be responsible for coordinating a team of technical advisors to prepare reference designs. The ability to build, maintain and influence strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders is fundamental to the success of this role. This role co-ordinates all technical and engineering support to the relevant work package, including the development of requirements and the review of designs for completeness, compliance to requirements, standards and constructability, drawing upon technical specialist advice from subject matter experts to resolve a range of engineering design challenges.
For more information please see the attached position description.
To be successful in obtaining this role you will have:
• Experience in the design, development and delivery of major brownfield rail infrastructure projects, including an understanding of engineering disciplines including Signalling, Track, Structures, Civil and Stations.
• Demonstrated experience driving high quality outcomes, ensuring timeframes and schedules are met, where multiple stakeholders have competing demands.
• Proven ability to clearly document and track key work tasks, ensuring work is delivered on schedule and to high standards.
Why join us?
• An emphasis on work / life balance
• High-performing team environment
• Equal opportunity employer
• Personal & Professional development opportunities
• Committed to safety & wellbeing
• Training & development opportunities
How to apply
Please include a Cover Letter, CV and response to Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. We want to know why you want to work at RPV, why you are interested in the role, and, taking into account the Key Selection Criteria as a whole, how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Becky Fry – Senior HR Advisor on (03) 9655 6086
Applications close 11.59 pm – Sunday May 26, 2019.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: