Systems Engineer – Train Control
- Rail Systems Alliance| Metro Tunnel Project
- 12 month Fixed Term Contract| Free myki
- Convenient Bourke Street location
Are you interested in joining Metro Trains’ Metro Tunnel Team and bringing your wealth of experience to support the delivery of Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?
If the answer is "yes", keep reading! Metro Trains is a proud partner in the delivery of major rail infrastructure projects across Melbourne, including the Metro Tunnel Project. The Metro Tunnel Project will deliver more frequent services for passengers by unlocking the City Loop and introducing new technology and infrastructure that will transform our network.
About the role: The Metro Tunnel Project is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team assisting each package. The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance and the Tunnels & Stations Public Private Partnership.
The role will work as part of the Rail Systems Alliance on behalf of Metro on the Metro Tunnel Project, conducting engineering activities in accordance with Management Plans (e.g. Systems Engineering Management Plan, Design Management Plan, Systems Assurance Plan) for OCS/ICT domains. Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Coordinating gateway reviews for OCS/ICT domains
- Coordinating requirements elicitation and requirements management, including the use of DOORS and other tools
- Coordinating the development and modelling of OCS/ICT system architectures
- Coordinating the development of SE artefacts defined in the Systems Engineering Roadmap
- Coordinating system interface activities for
- Coordinating reliability, availability, maintainability and safety analysis for OCS/ICT domains
- Coordinating hazard identification workshops, risk assessments and identification of risk controls
- Coordinating human factors integration activities for OCS/ICT domains
- Coordinating design integration and compliance with relevant technical and user requirements
- Coordinating planning, design reviews, design verification and validation activities
- Coordinating reviews and project delivery against systems assurance requirements
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science is essential
- At least 5 years’ experience in a comparable environment managing software development for OCS/ICT and delivering projects within a systems engineering environment
- Experience in managing network engineering & security and software setup and configuration is preferred
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate clearly, for both technical and business people, on ideas, problems and solutions
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: