- Develop your career in Rail Infrastructure
- Work on the high profile Level Crossing Removal Project
- A permanent full time Melbourne CBD based role
Are you interested in joining the Metro Trains Level Crossing Removal Project team and bringing your wealth of Development Engineer experience to support the delivery of Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?
If the answer is "yes", keep reading!
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused.
About the project:
This large-scale project will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services. Central to the project is the elimination of 75 level crossings across metropolitan Melbourne by 2025, in addition to upgrading or constructing more than 27 train stations, laying many kilometers of new track and making associated rail improvements.
About the role:
Reporting to the Design Review Coordination Manager, in this role you will be responsible for providing engineering support to the MTM LXRP Development Team and the LXRP project Alliances portfolio successfully.
Job Accountabilities will include:
• Discharge all responsibilities in a manner that ensures the safety of the operating system is not compromised during the life cycle of the project including safety matters related to MTM operations, the public and project related contractors and third parties;
• Review project requirements and liaise with Development Team
• Provision of rail engineering input into requirement settings
• Provide technical advice on nominated projects to Development Team as required
• Assist in the strategic planning of engineering requirements in the project development phase
• Attend meetings, workshops and the like convened by the Alliance as requested by the Design Review Coordination Manager;
• Support initiatives to identify work practices, methods and activities that could be amended and improved.
• Plan, organize and monitor assigned review tasks to ensure their completion on time and good quality.
• At all times, undertake assigned tasks in such a manner that the integrity and safety of the operating system is not compromised.
• Report frequently on the progress of all issues regarding the assigned tasks and promptly notify necessary management of any matters which could have a material adverse effect on project or the business.
• Ensure that the appropriate records are maintained at all times.
• Consult and liaise with all engineering disciplines to ensure the all works are integrated.
• Work effectively with relevant stakeholders internal and external to the business
• Any other duties as specified by the Manager
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Engineering degree or equivalent
• Minimum 7 years’ experience with railway design highly considered
• Experience on the Melbourne metropolitan rail system will be considered favourably.
• Ability to communicate professionally with staff at all levels (verbal and written)
• Ability to cope with competing demands and a significant volume of work meeting deadlines and deliverables
• Excellent team work
• Understanding the important of interfacing with colleagues on a common project with a “best for business” approach to problem solving and priorities.
Why work for Metro?
• Career development and opportunities to learn new skills
• Collaborative team of passionate people
• Free public transport in Victoria
This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career and make a tangible impact on Melbourne’s rail infrastructure. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application by COB Monday, 3 June 2019.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note - only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: