Human Resources Advisor
- High profile rail project improving Melbourne’s network
- Work in a collaborative team
- Act as the main HR contact for project-based staff
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Advisor for work on our Level Crossing Removal Portfolio. This large-scale project will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services.
In this role, you will be the main HR contact for projects-based staff and play a pivotal part in building a strong HR partnership with key stakeholders.
• Support business leaders with training, performance development, succession planning/workforce planning and disciplinary procedures to provide continual improvement of management capability
• Liaise with HR shared service functions including Remuneration & Benefits, Recruitment and Training to ensure a coordinated delivery of HR functions
• Support the development of Human Resource programs and strategies
• Maintain a continual relationship with employees and respond to questions as required
• Ensure all activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards
• Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or relevant discipline
• Exceptional organisational and time management skills and demonstrated project management capability
• High level of effective interpersonal, communicative and negotiation skills
• Extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of Human Resources issues and policies
Why work for Metro?
• Career development and opportunities to learn new skills
• Collaborative team of passionate people
• Free public transport in Victoria
This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career and make a tangible impact on Melbourne’s rail infrastructure. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please submit your application by COB Friday, 31 May 2019.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note - only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: