LEVEL CROSSING REMOVAL PROJECT
- Utilize your legal skills in an award-winning project
- Be part of a $18 billion landmark infrastructure project – and its more than just removing level crossings
- Full time, fixed term opportunity (up to three years) in the CBD – VPS 5 $96,942 - $117,293
About the opportunity
An exceptional opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Lawyer to join the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP), working on one of the largest infrastructure projects in Victoria's history. The position is responsible for assisting the broader Legal team with legal advice and strategies for the development and delivery of the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP). The role will include liaising and negotiating with stakeholders on the management of specific legal aspects of the LXRP, and interaction with Government departments and agencies.
- Provide general legal advice in relation to all aspects of project development and delivery for LXRP.
- Assist in the development of tender and contractual documentation, commercial and/or legal agreements.
- Participate in detailed negotiations with stakeholders affected by the LXRP.
- Draft and coordinate briefings for Government approvals.
- Manage complex, contentious or sensitive information with due regard to the regulatory and contractual framework.
- Admitted as a legal practitioner to the Supreme Court of Victoria or another Australian jurisdiction
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of Victorian Government processes.
- Strong experience in providing high level oral and written advice on complex and challenging legal issues.
- Experience in performing legal research with the ability to identify and deal with critical legal and commercial issues.
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY NOW link to submit a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
For further information about this position please contact Dijana Krstevski, Talent Acquisition Adviser on (03) 9095-4192.
Applications close midnight Friday 31 May 2018.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: