Design Interface Manager
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
An Alliance of CPB Contractors, Bombardier Transportation and Metro Trains Melbourne will deliver the $1 billion Rail Systems Alliance package of works, which includes the first roll-out of a high capacity signalling and communications system on an existing rail network anywhere in Australia.
We are currently seeking a Design Interface Manager to join us on the RSA Project in Melbourne. Reporting to the System Integration Team - Senior Manager, you will draw on your existing experience to drive our integration process with external Work Packages, including HCMT, Tunnel & Station PPP and Rail Infrastructure Alliance, including technical and schedule interfaces. The position is responsible for managing a team of Interface Leads and Integration Engineers to deliver interface documentation and to meet interface milestones. This is a great opportunity to join both a high-profile rail infrastructure project and a leading Tier 1 Contractor.
As Design Interface Manager, you will be accountable for:
- Leading and managing a team of Interface Leads and Integration Engineers to successfully complete the interfacing and integration obligations on time, with the objective of integrating RSA design and delivery activities with interfacing projects
- Managing interfaces with external Work Packages to secure relevant information provided by them to support RSA development activities.
- Leading and managing a team of Interface Leads and Integration Engineers to successfully identify and manage all system interfaces to external parties, with the objective of integrating RSA’s sub-systems with interfacing sub-systems from other Metro Tunnel Project packages and Critical Interfacing Projects.
- Ensuring the integration test activities is coordinated with interfacing parties, ensuring the systems are properly integrated and fit to support introduction to service
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering
- 10+ years' experience in a similar role in the railway industry
- Experience from multidisciplinary projects with coordination across interfaces
- Robust understanding of VIC Construction and Rail Safety and Environmental legislation
- Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and attention to detail
- Chartered Engineer, MBA, PMP or other Project Management Accreditation preferred
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: