CPB Contractors, as part of the Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA), has been named as the Victorian Government’s preferred proponent to deliver a $1 billion package of works in support of the $11 billion Metro Tunnel Project.
CPB Contractors and John Holland are equal construction partners in the RIA, with AECOM as the design partner. The RIA also comprises project owner Rail Projects Victoria (formerly the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority) and operational franchisee Metro Trains Melbourne.
About the Project
This is the second package of Metro Tunnel works to be delivered by CPB Contractors, following the award of a $1 billion design and construct contract as part of the Rail Systems Alliance (RSA) in December 2017.
Construction has commenced and will be completed by 2025.
This fourth major works package for the Metro Tunnel Project covers the existing Sunbury rail line between the western tunnel entrance in South Kensington and Tottenham, and the Dandenong rail line between the eastern tunnel entrance in South Yarra and Caulfield Station.
Major works for the Alliance includes the design and construction of entrance structures that will interface with Metro Tunnel works at South Yarra and South Kensington and also major Rail Upgrade works in the Western Railway Corridor.
About the role
We are currently seeking applications for a Requirements Engineer to join us on the Metro Tunnel Project as part of the Rail Infrastructure Alliance. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a high-profile Rail Infrastructure Project as part of one of Australia’s most highly regarded construction companies. With an enviable range of projects underway and in the pipeline, CPB can offer impressive opportunities for career progression.
As Requirements Engineer, you will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Assist in the planning of the rail systems engineering process, level of effort and estimating the cost to execute the process on multidisciplinary integrated rail projects.
- Deliver the contracted system engineering process on assigned rail projects within agreed budget and schedule constraints.
- Work within a framework to ensure the identification, assessment and mitigation of rail system performance risks is robust and transparent.
- Actively contribute to the team’s outcome and development of fellow team members.
- Provision of advice and guidance to projects in railway specific system performance risks, their validation and verification and effective ways to managed and facilitate acceptance by clients and regulators.
- Ensure the effectiveness of system performance risk governance and implementation of control measures throughout project lifecycles.
- Preparation and presentation of system engineering reports and arguments including input to rail safety cases.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and capability development as well as the broader business activities within RIA.
Our minimum requirements for the role are:
- Tertiary qualification in a related engineering discipline with system engineering modules.
- Independent evaluation, selection and adaption of standard techniques, procedures and practices to pragmatically and reasonably verify or validate compliance with rail system performance requirements.
- Acquired a general knowledge of principles and practices in relation to the major rail disciplines and a demonstrated ability to function within a multidisciplinary team delivering complex rail systems.
- Has gained an appreciation of system engineering and assurance including the hazards, risks and control mechanism typically applied to railway systems
- Preparation of complete engineering documents and rail safety reports.
- Formulation and resolution of both technical problems and interpersonal conflicts.
- Three (3) + years’ experience as a professional engineer.
- Effective written and verbal communication at all levels of an organization including making presentations. Interacting with clients, customers, officials, contractors etc.
- Implementing improvement initiatives.
- Delivering good quality outcomes within time and cost constraints
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note this role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: