Principal Project Specialist - Lead Design Interface (See Advertisement)
Rail Projects Victoria
Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA) comprises of Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP), Rail Projects Victoria (RPV), North East Link Project (NELP), West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP) and Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV). Rail Projects Victoria, Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (RPV) is the Victorian Government body responsible for the development and delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project, Regional Rail Revival, future Melbourne Airport Rail Link and a portfolio of other rail projects. RPV is responsible for all aspects of the projects including planning and development of the project reference design, site investigations, stakeholder engagement, planning approvals and procurement, through to construction delivery and project commissioning.
About the opportunity
RPV, MTIA is seeking to engage a Principal Project Specialist – Lead Design Interface who will be responsible for client side management of the design, development and engineering associated with the Suburban Rail Loop and Network. The Lead will provide expert technical advice and guidance across a range of engineering and design issues during project development and delivery of multiple rail corridors. The ability to build, maintain and influence strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders is fundamental to the success of this role. This role coordinates all technical and engineering support to the Suburban Rail Loop and Network, including the review of designs for completeness, compliance to requirements, standards and constructability, drawing upon technical specialist advice from subject matter experts to resolve a range of engineering design challenges.
To be successful in obtaining this role you will have experience across:
- Manage the delivery of scope and requirements definition, design management and provision of all engineering support services associated with delivery of the Suburban Rail Loop and Network.
- Drive the timely resolution of key technical engineering solutions with due consideration of conflicting priorities.
- Ensure all design development complies with project requirements, observing best practice systems assurance processes.
- Lead, provide support and resolution to senior key stakeholders on complex technical engineering issues arising from and impacting on the project, including the identification and management of project risks.
Why join us?
- An emphasis on work / life balance
- High-performing team environment
- Equal opportunity employer
- Personal & Professional development opportunities
- Committed to safety & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
How to apply
Please include a Cover Letter, CV and response to Key Selection Criteria. We want to know why you want to work for Rail Projects Victoria, why you are interested in the role, and, taking into account the Key Selection Criteria as a whole, how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Levina Honeyman - Senior HR Advisor on (03) 9027 5762.
Applications close 11:59 pm - Sunday 28 April 2019.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: