Urban Designer (Vpsg5)
North East Link Authority
The North East Link Project will deliver the missing link in Melbourne's road network that will finally complete the Metropolitan Ring Road by connecting the M80 to the Eastern Freeway to improve outer north-south links for road freight movement and improve travel time and reliability.
- Support the Urban Design Strategy of the biggest road project in Victoria!
- Join a collaborative, dynamic and supportive team in a modern CBD office
- Fixed term opportunity (up to three years) - $96,942 - $117,293 plus superannuation
About North East Link
The North East Link Project will connect the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network, while increasing the capacity of the Eastern Freeway. It will slash travel times, get trucks off local roads and link key growth areas in the north and south-east.
About the opportunity
Be part of a transformative infrastructure project for Victoria, with an exciting role in the North East Link Project's Planning team. This position will assist the delivery of NELP's Urban Design Strategy by providing specialist expertise across all aspects of urban design. Requiring you to develop strong relationships with internal project teams and key stakeholders, the role will be responsible for influencing best practice design outcomes and ensure that implementation and delivery requirements meet the specifications set in the Urban Design Strategy.
- Are an experienced urban designer with strength in project management, and refined conceptual and analytical skills
- Have an affinity for developing, maintaining and influencing relationships with varied stakeholders in a deadline driven, complex environment
- Are an exceptional communicator with ability to prepare timely, clear and concise reports and correspondence
Our commitment to creating a workplace that inspires you, engages you and grows you is strong – we want you to be a powerful contributor to this wonderfully diverse and dynamic organisation. Our offering continues to grow but here is what we already have in store for you:
- Wellbeing program
- 17.5% leave loading
- Flexible work arrangements available (including ability to purchase additional leave)
- Team benefits discount card at a variety of restaurants and cafes
- Melbourne CBD location
- Access to discounted public transport
How to apply
To apply please submit a cover letter and CV via https://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au/jobs/VG-NELP025595
For a confidential discussion contact Ann Morgan-Payler, Senior Urban Design Specialist on 0418 491 875.
Applications close at 11:59pm on 29th April 2019.
Our advertisement is only intended for individuals interested in employment with NELP. Recruitment agencies need not contact.
We believe in inclusiveness, diversity and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that a diverse and inclusive culture brings for our employees and in turn, encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability and others from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: