Senior Yard Supervisor
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Senior Yard Supervisor with experience in manufacturing or construction to join our Precast Manufacturing team in Benalla. The Senior Yard Supervisor will be accountable for ensuring the best outcome is achieved in areas such as productivity, health and safety, quality, and all technical aspects.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the health and safety for area of responsibility.
- Ensure quality management systems and in place and adhered to.
- Provide leadership to operators including development of competencies.
- Reinforce company values to the yard teams.
- To organise and supervise resources directly required for completion of scheduled yard activities. Eg. clearing product from production areas and effective loadout of product to meet agreed delivery schedules.
- Provide critical and objective link between management & yard to positively influence employee relations and productivity.
- To understand efficiency (for area) and articulate this to ‘reports’ and positively influence contribution of the team.
- Contribute to production / logistics plans.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in a manufacturing facility or relevant construction industry.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in leading work teams.
- Demonstrated experience in operation of cranes, mobile plant and rigging of heavy loads.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: