Eoi - Senior Supervisors & Superintendents
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Roles
CPBJH JV are now taking Expressions of Interest from Superintendents and Senior Supervisors (General Foreman) for upcoming roles within the West Zone of the project.
Superintendents and Snr Supervisors will be responsible for managing onsite delivery and coordination of various scopes of work within a defined construction zone. They will assist in the planning and implementation of management systems, procedures, Safety. Manage, coordinate and direct works of Subcontractors and Direct workers activities on site.
Typical skills and Knowledge
We are looking for candidates with proven and well-rounded experience in a range of disciplines including:
- Civil Discipline knowledge includes
- Curb and Channel
- Structural Discipline knowledge includes
- Bridges both concrete and steel
- Precast panel erection
- Candidates with Tier 1 Construction contractor experience.
- Previous experience working on brownfield road widening projects.
- Excellent understanding Vic Roads Specifications and requirements
- Self-starter, with well-developed organisational and stakeholder management skills.
- Flexible, able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with the ability to problem solve.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: