About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Risk Advisor with a solid understanding of the risk assessment process, the application of risk software tools and a true understanding of the value of risk management, to join our team at West Gate Tunnel Project. This is an autonomous Operational Risk role where most of your time will be spent at site assisting and educating the operational areas to identify and manage their risks. You will be someone who can influence a positive risk culture across the project.
- Ensure risk management activities are undertaken to maximise the Projects’ ability to deliver successful outcomes.
- Support the development, implementation and ongoing management of risk, opportunity and issues management processes.
- Identify and communicate improvements to risk, opportunity and issues management processes.
- Support the currency of the risk registers.
- Enhance and promote the value add that risk management on a large scale project provides.
- Assist with reporting of risk, opportunity and issue management activities.
- Work well both automatously and in a team
- Drive and be accountable for the operational risk management process on site.
You will ideally have a Bachelor Degree in Risk Management, Engineering, Construction and have a thorough understanding of the Risk Management Standard ISO 31000:2018.
- Experience working for 3+ years’ in a Construction Risk Management environment will be preferred but not essential.
- Practical project delivery risk management experience in the construction industry will be preferred.
- Experience in the operation and application of project risk assessment systems, processes and tools to comply with Corporate Governance and International/Australian Standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Most importantly a passion for risk and helping others understand the value of risk management.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: