Senior Project Engineer, Signalling (Vpsg5)
Rail Projects Victoria
Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA) comprises of Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP), Rail Projects Victoria (RPV, MTIA), North East Link Project (NELP), West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP) and Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV). Rail Projects Victoria, Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (RPV, MTIA) is the Victorian Government body responsible for the development and delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project, Regional Rail Revival, future Melbourne Airport Rail Link and a portfolio of other rail projects. RPV, MTIA is responsible for all aspects of the projects including planning and development of the project reference design, site investigations, stakeholder engagement, planning approvals and procurement, through to construction delivery and project commissioning.
About the opportunity
RPV, MTIA is seeking to engage a Senior Project Engineer, Signalling. Reporting to the Project Manager, Signalling, this role is responsible for supporting the development of scope, design and delivery of the signalling and train control system components of the Regional Rail Revival Program. The Senior Project Engineer, Signalling will use their prior engineering experience to coordinate the project scope, approvals, design development, program development, contracts development across signalling and train control activities. The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders is fundamental for success in this role. For more information please see the attached position description.
To be successful in obtaining this role you will have experience across:
• Provide support to the Project Managers in the development, design and delivery phases of signaling and train control systems across the Regional Rail Revival Program.
• Ensure that safety is a primary consideration in the development of design and construction of the project and ensure that sector best practice processes and procedures are implemented in the delivery of works
• Guide the development of project scope and technical requirements to meet the operational, quality, cost, time, safety and environmental outcomes described in the Project documentation and stakeholder requirement specifications.
Why join us?
• An emphasis on work / life balance
• High-performing team environment
• Equal opportunity employer
• Personal & Professional development opportunities
• Committed to safety & wellbeing
• Training & development opportunities
How to apply
Please include a Cover Letter, CV and response to Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. We want to know why you want to work at RPV, why you are interested in the role, and, taking into account the Key Selection Criteria as a whole, how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Becky Fry on (03) 9655 6086
Applications close 11.59 pm - Wednesday May 1, 2019
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: