Senior Risk Advisor
- Metro Tunnel Project | RSA Team
- Permanent | Full-Time Opportunity
- Free Public Transport | Bourke Street Location
Are you interested in joining Metro Trains Melbourne’s project team who are involved in multibillion dollar city-shaping infrastructure projects? Can you bring your wealth of Risk / Systems Assurance experience to help us support the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project – Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project? If the answer is "Yes", keep reading! is a game-changer for our city and our customers. The project will deliver more frequent services for customers, reducing network congestion and overcrowding. By introducing new systems and infrastructure it will modernise the network and deliver greater reliability. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Melbourne’s sustainable growth into the future. The Metro Tunnel Project has the capacity to transform Melbourne and we are proud to be partners in its delivery. The Metro Tunnel Project About the role: This role will specifically work within the Rail Systems Alliance which is responsible for design and implementation of a High Capacity Signalling System, and other systems along the Sunbury to Packenham lines and through the new tunnel and stations. As an experienced Senior Risk Advisor, you will be responsible for the support and/or implementation of risk management processes and programs to ensure governance of MTM Risk Management Procedures / RSA Emergency Risk Management Plan. On a day to day basis you may facilitate, coordinate or lead risk workshops. You may also initiate meetings and be the liaison point with key staff and project partners. This position will require quantitative and qualitative expertise within a projects environment, including risk management knowledge across occupational safety and engineering safety (Safety in Design). Key Responsibilities include;
- To be aware of any proposed or actual changes to the network and support the effective implementation of MTM Management of Change and that communication interface is effective with MTM business stakeholders
- Active involvement with the RSA Hazard Log / Change Registers to facilitate harmonious transition of risk from identification to close out or acceptance of residual risk.
- Facilitation and participation in safety risk assessments (due to any alteration to the network); this may include Safety in Design risk assessments, separate MTM risk assessments for Engineering Change, Type Approval, Standard Waivers, Novel Signal Design, Construction risk assessments (where rail access is involved – rail safety specific), and Constructability workshops.
- Ensure that the correct MTM stakeholders with relevant competence and authority to make decisions attend RSA risk workshops to provide input from an Operator perspective in order for consultation to be demonstrated.
- Participate in RSA’s Stage Gate Review process.
- Pre-empt possible risk related discrepancies in alignment of stage gate achievement and expected assurance evidence activities.
- Active involvement in the audit of risk controls that impact on MTM inclusive of on-site control validation (audit).
- Production of data for SERQ reports for MTM KPI and Visual Management.
- Discharge responsibilities in a manner that ensures that the safety and integrity of the operating system is not compromised during the life of the project, and safety of Contractors and RSA / MTM employees is at the forefront of all project related activities.
- Use the risk workshop environment to also consider opportunities for improvement.
- Actively provide support for engagement with stakeholders, whose activities may be impacted during and / or after completion of the project i.e. MTM operations and Maintenance.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: