Ocs Design Review Engineer
- Communications Design Review Engineer | Metro Tunnel Project
- 3 Year Maximum Term, Full-Time Opportunity
- Free Public Transport | Parliament Station Location
experience to help us support the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project – Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?OCS Design Review Engineer? Can you bring your wealth of multibillion dollar city-shaping infrastructure projects who are involved in Metro Trains Melbourne’s project teamAre you interested in joining The Metro Tunnel Project (MTP) is a game-changer for our city and our customers. The project will deliver more frequent services for customers, reducing network congestion and overcrowding. By introducing new systems and infrastructure it will modernise the network and deliver greater reliability. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Melbournes sustainable growth into the future. The Metro Tunnel Project has the capacity to transform Melbourne and we are proud to be partners in its delivery.
If the answer is "Yes", keep reading!
The Metro Tunnel Project
As an OCS Design Review Engineer, you will be working in a collaborative Engineering team reporting to the Engineering Manager. You will provide engineering expertise, support and coordination for MTP to deliver its technical objects and requirements, as well as provide engineering oversight of the project to satisfy the obligations and requirements of the MTM (ARTO) “Safety Management System” (SMS) and “Engineering Management System” (EMS) as tailored for the project. The OCS scope includes CCTV, Passenger Information Display System, Public Address System, Operational Telephones, Security & Access Control Systems together with the relevant Control & Monitoring Systems. Other responsibilities will include:About the role:
- Provision of effective and timely design review services of designs submitted to check whether these designs meet the relevant MTM Standards
- Liaise and coordinate the design related matters with members of the MTM Engineering Services Group and other necessary internal MTM Departments
- Ensure all design reviews are conducted in accordance with MTM’s agreed processes
- Consolidate all the reviewed comments from the team for forwarding to any relevant parties
- Consult and liaise with all project disciplines to ensure the works are integrated with all other disciplines and existing OCS infrastructure
- Liaise with stakeholders and key MTM internal project groups, operations, maintenance, infrastructure and other associated parties to ensure functional requirements are met and all matters are effectively managed
- Assist and support MTM Engineering design reviews submitted and, wherever possible, construction matters, including contribution to the risk register covering the monitoring and reporting of risk status
- Support initiatives to identify work practices, methods and activities that could be amended and improved
- Ensure that the appropriate project records are maintained at all times
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
About the opportunity:
are critical skills youve demonstrated over your career.exceptional customer service. Consultative approaches to providing solutions regarding challenging assignments mixed with excellence and the ability to manage multiple priorities while remaining focused on stakeholders at all levelsAdditionally, you value the importance of teamwork and of listening, challenging your peers and making a difference. You are confident to bring innovation to the table. You have the agility to engage with a variety of Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
.5pm, 13 January 2019If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please send your application by
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: