Principal Project Specialist - Technical Safety Assurance (eo2)
Rail Projects Victoria
Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) is the Victorian Government body responsible for the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project, Regional Rail Revival, the high speed rail link between Geelong and Melbourne and the future Melbourne Airport Link. RPV is responsible for all aspects of the projects including planning and development of a project reference design, site investigations, stakeholder engagement, planning approvals and procurement, through to construction delivery and project commissioning. This role is to support the Metro Tunnel Project team
About the opportunity
RPV's Principal Project Specialist – Technical Safety Assurance will be responsible for the effective establishment of the RPV Technical Safety Management Processes, oversight and support of safety program development and delivery for a range of Victorian rail projects and the development of the capability and competence of the Victorian rail industry in regards to Engineering Safety Management. This key leadership role seeks to bring significant rail engineering safety experience, having practised and delivered Major Rail Projects to international standards, with a regulated safety case environment, such as CENELEC EN50126, 50128 and 50129.
For more information please find the attached position description.
To be successful in obtaining this role you will have experience across:
- Extensive experience and achievement of delivering Safety Case demonstration for complex rail projects under international standards (CENELEC EN 50126, 50128, 50129 and CSM) to satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability achieving an integrated approach to ensuring systems design and/or construction in the delivery of projects is delivered to satisfy Engineering Safety Management requirements.
- Demonstrated significant system integration and engineering safety management leading to successful achievement in the delivery of brownfield CBTC and/or ERTMS rail projects
Why join us?
- An emphasis on work / life balance
- High-performing team environment
- Equal opportunity employer
- Personal & Professional development opportunities
- Committed to safety & wellbeing
- Training & development opportunities
How to apply
Please include a Cover Letter, CV and response to Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description attached. We want to know why you want to work at RPV, why you are interested in the role, and, taking into account the Key Selection Criteria as a whole, how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Julia Grbac on (03) 9027 5796
Applications close 11.59 pm - Sunday the 27 January 2019.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: