Principal Project Specialist, Network Operations (eo2)
North East Link Authority
The North East Link Project will deliver the missing link in Melbourne's road network that will finally complete the Metropolitan Ring Road by connecting the M80 to the Eastern Freeway to improve outer north-south links for road freight movement and improve travel time and reliability.The project will deliver the missing link in Melbourne's road network that will finally complete the Metropolitan Ring Road by connecting the M80 the Eastern Freeway to improve outer north-south links for road freight movement and improve travel time and reliability.
- Your opportunity to influence Victoria's largest road transport project
- Newly created role; make your mark on this brand-new role
- Three-year fixed term contract – flexible working arrangements available
About North East Link Project
It's all systems go at North East Link Project! We are seeking to build our Technical team, and this is the perfect time to get on board! Be part of a transformative infrastructure project for Victoria, with this exciting new role. The North East Link will connect the missing link in Melbourne's orbital freeway network, while increasing the capacity of the Eastern Freeway. It will slash travel times, get trucks off local roads and link key growth areas in the north and south-east.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Principal Project Specialist, Network Operations to join our dynamic Technical team at the North East Link Project. This role plays an important part in leading client-side management of the transport network operations across the project and ensures all private, public and active transport users are managed effectively.
This fantastic role relies on your expertise to:
- Lead, develop and manage the input of traffic and transport related data for EES documentation and processes.
- Provide specialist support in provision of road safety and transport planning advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and evaluate traffic management strategies, designs and associated traffic management plans submitted by contractors and tenderers.
- Establish, coordinate and lead transport management forums with key stakeholders, contractors and transport authorities.
- An expert in transport/traffic engineering with the capability in leading and preparation of technical reports and traffic management plans and strategies.
- A leader with high interpersonal acumen and an aptitude for providing professional guidance, direction and clarity in a team environment.
- Well versed in road safety and traffic engineering and planning principles as well as related software used for development of traffic management plans.
Our commitment to creating a workplace that inspires you, engages you and grows you is strong – we want you to be a powerful contributor to this wonderfully diverse and dynamic organisation. Our offering continues to grow but here is what we already have in store for you:
- Wellbeing program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Team benefits discount card at a variety of restaurants and cafes
- Access to discounted public transport
How to apply
To apply please submit a cover letter and CV via https://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au/jobs/VG-024096.
For a confidential discussion contact Sebastian Motta, Director, Technical on 03 9655 6366
Applications close at 11:59pm on Wednesday 23 January 2019.
North East Link Authority is committed to sustaining a diverse workforce. We invite applications from men and women of all ages including people with a disability and indigenous Australians to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: