Eoi - Production Engineers
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for Production Engineers with experience in large scale precast projects. These positions will be located on site at the Precast Facility in Benalla.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
To be successful in this role, previous experience within reinforcement, prestress or general precast is crucial.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and administer relevant activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and reports.
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk assessment to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes.
- Analyse and use document and record management, progress and project performance reporting compliance reporting.
- Demonstrate sound people management skills by managing work and performance of subcontractors to achieve outcomes.
- Clearly communicate requirements and expectations, while ensuring the team are consistently implementing agreed commercial standards.
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or a related discipline.
- 5 + years’ practical experience, ideally within reinforcement, prestress or general precast.
- Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specification, standards and implications for project accountabilities.
- Understanding of the Project Design Management Plan, Quality Management Plan, Safety Management Plan and Environmental Management Plan.
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting.
- Effective time management skills including sequencing of work of own and resource management.
- Clear communication capabilities with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Availability to relocate to Benalla for the duration of the project.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: