Project Manager - Metro Tunnel Project
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
The Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre is Australia’s only public hospital solely dedicated to cancer and is one of an elite group of hospitals worldwide to have its own integrated cancer research program and laboratories. Every year, Peter Mac cares for more than 31,000 patients, whilst over 600 researchers contribute on a global scale to exciting discoveries that lead to better treatment of cancers.
Your role in our future.
The Project Manager will provide expert project management support to Peter Mac in relation to the Metro Tunnel Project in this full time, 18 month appointment.
The Metro Tunnel Project is a major expansion of Melbourne’s rail network that will increase capacity, reliability & efficiency of train lines serving Melbourne’s growth areas in the north, west & south east. One of the new tunnels will be located in the Parkville precinct adjacent to Peter Mac.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities are to represent Peter Mac at a number of project meetings, manage communication with internal and external stakeholders, co-ordinate & lead specific user groups, to consider and respond to requests in a timely manner, work with precinct partners to ensure a co-ordinated & cooperative approach to resolving issues and to develop & implement business continuity planning for patient services during the construction.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive experience in project management in a hospital/healthcare setting.
- High level communication skills, both written and verbal with demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels.
- Experience undertaking consultations with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills including strategic thinking, analytical and planning capabilities.
- Well-developed negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Exercises a high level of judgement.
- Demonstrates a capacity to consult and listen.
- Balances / prioritises competing and conflicting priorities.
For further information about this opportunity, please review the position description or contact us for a confidential discussion.
Competitive salary relative to skills and experience on offer to the right candidate.
Peter Mac offers its employees the following benefits:
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Central City Location
- Training and Development Program
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: