Project Engineer - Signalling
- Career development opportunities
- Great team culture
- Footscray Office
- Assist the Project Manager with the preparation of scope documentation for specific activities/works and progress the engagement of the contractor/supplier, including tendering, evaluation contract award.
- Assist the Project Manager with the submission of the Project Monthly Report to MTM management and development of reports and associated tools to identify and correct problem areas.
- Discharge all responsibilities in a manner that ensures that the safety of the operating system is not compromised during the life of the project, and safety of contractors and Metro employees is at the forefront of all project related activities.
- Identify work practices, methods and activities that can be altered or improved.
- Lead the detailed planning for specific project activities, as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Manage all aspects of allocated projects in conjunction with relevant stakeholders and contractors to progress projects to implementation and commissioning.
- Manage individual packages of work on the project, as assigned by the Project Manager, through the complete project life cycle.
- Manage the administration and control of Contract Instructions, in conjunction with the Construction Manager, ensuring that any change of scope, direction to proceed, site instruction etc, is given to the Contractor(s) in writing and correctly documented.
- Manage the receipt of design information and drawings, including ensuring that a current drawing register is maintained and that the documentation is issued to all the relevant parties.
- Manage the Request For Information process ensuring that there is the appropriate technical input (from others) to the query and that there is a timely response.
- Manage the handover process at project completion ensuring that all the key stakeholders are involved and that project documentation is completed in accordance with procedures.
- Undertake assigned work duties to ensure their completion on time, within budget, with all project risks mitigated and effect on train operations whilst ensuring that construction standards are maintained and conform to safety, reliability and quality.
- Sound in experience in signalling construction and working with other ARO systems & standards.
- Sound experience in engineering principles of planning, report preparation and scheduling.
- Sound in experience in multi-disciplinary rail projects.
- Ability to assess functional specifications for compliance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff (verbal and written).
- Ability to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to follow occupational health, safety and environmental procedures in the rail industry.
- Ability to identify and analyse risks, and make corrective actions.
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate, mentor and develop others.
- Career development opportunities.
- Growing employer with exciting project work in the pipeline.
- Free public transport in Victoria.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: