Ocs Design Review Engineer
- Communications Design Review Engineer | Metro Tunnel Project
- 3 Year Maximum Term, Full-Time Opportunity
- Free Public Transport | Parliament Station Location
Are you interested in joining Metro Trains Melbourne’s project team who are involved in multibillion dollar city-shaping infrastructure projects? Can you bring your wealth of OCS Design Review Engineer experience to help us support the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project – Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?
If the answer is "Yes", keep reading!
The Metro Tunnel Project
The Metro Tunnel Project (MTP) is a game-changer for our city and our customers. The project will deliver more frequent services for customers, reducing network congestion and overcrowding. By introducing new systems and infrastructure it will modernise the network and deliver greater reliability. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Melbournes sustainable growth into the future. The Metro Tunnel Project has the capacity to transform Melbourne and we are proud to be partners in its delivery.
About the role:
As an OCS Design Review Engineer, you will be working in a collaborative Engineering team reporting to the Engineering Manager. You will provide engineering expertise, support and coordination for MTP to deliver its technical objects and requirements, as well as provide engineering oversight of the project to satisfy the obligations and requirements of the MTM (ARTO) “Safety Management System” (SMS) and “Engineering Management System” (EMS) as tailored for the project. The OCS scope includes CCTV, Passenger Information Display System, Public Address System, Operational Telephones, Security & Access Control Systems together with the relevant Control & Monitoring Systems. Other responsibilities will include:
- Provision of effective and timely design review services of designs submitted to check whether these designs meet the relevant MTM Standards
- Liaise and coordinate the design related matters with members of the MTM Engineering Services Group and other necessary internal MTM Departments
- Ensure all design reviews are conducted in accordance with MTM’s agreed processes
- Consolidate all the reviewed comments from the team for forwarding to any relevant parties
- Consult and liaise with all project disciplines to ensure the works are integrated with all other disciplines and existing OCS infrastructure
- Liaise with stakeholders and key MTM internal project groups, operations, maintenance, infrastructure and other associated parties to ensure functional requirements are met and all matters are effectively managed
- Assist and support MTM Engineering design reviews submitted and, wherever possible, construction matters, including contribution to the risk register covering the monitoring and reporting of risk status
- Support initiatives to identify work practices, methods and activities that could be amended and improved
- Ensure that the appropriate project records are maintained at all times
About your experience:
Extensive demonstrated experience of rail infrastructure on rail based projects including management and/or maintenance, and experience in engineering principles of planning and scheduling, and engineering report preparation techniques. You will be tertiary qualified in Engineering, and be a member of Engineers Australia (or have the relevant qualifications, skills and experience to secure membership).
Additionally, you value the importance of teamwork and of listening, challenging your peers and making a difference. You are confident to bring innovation to the table. You have the agility to engage with a variety of stakeholders at all levels and the ability to manage multiple priorities while remaining focused on excellence. Consultative approaches to providing solutions regarding challenging assignments mixed with exceptional customer service are critical skills youve demonstrated over your career.
About the opportunity:
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please send your application by 5pm, 13 January 2019.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: