Project Communications Manager
- High profile rail project improving Melbourne’s network
- Work in a collaborative team and manage junior staff
- Ensure positive outcomes for passengers and wider community
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused.
We are currently seeking a Communication Manager for work on our Level Crossing Removal Project. This large-scale project will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services.
In this role, you will manage the passenger communications and engagement functions across multiple work packages to inform rail passengers and create awareness in the community about impacts and benefits of Metro projects.
• Effectively manage a team of communications professionals across a number of work packages and lead the Metro communications function within Alliances
• Manage the collaboration with various stakeholders to understand construction phasing and coordinate communication activities
• Provide timely and accurate information to project communications teams for the development and preparation of a range of rail passenger and community related internal, external and interface communications to projects
• Provide leadership to the LXRP Communications team, including recruitment, retention, line management, performance management and professional development
• University Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Community Planning or other related discipline
• Experience working on major infrastructure projects
• More than five years’ experience in project communications, stakeholder engagement, issues management, internal communications or related discipline
• Experienced manager/mentor to junior staff
Why work for Metro?
• Career development and opportunities to learn new skills
• Collaborative team of passionate people
• Free public transport in Victoria
This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career and make a tangible impact on Melbourne’s rail infrastructure. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please submit your application by COB Friday 18 January, 2019.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note - only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: